Trine 2 has just received a major new update on Steam! The game now supports touch-based devices that run on Windows, and we’ve made a specific UI for those devices.
We think the new control scheme really brings a fresh feel to Trine 2, so anyone with a touch-based device, please check it out and give us some feedback on your experience
Here’s the longer changelog for the patch:
- Fixed crash issues
- Changed default resolution from 1024×768 to 1280×720
- Updated Steamworks SDK
- Added touch screen control support for Windows
- Added touch screen on-screen buttons for Windows
- Added build number into main menu
- Fixed some misspelled names in credits
- Updated multiplayer master server address
- Fixed various gameplay issues
- Fixed various localization issues
- Added Russian localization for last 7 levels (Goblin Menace DLC levels)
MAC OS X
- Built MAC OS X with newer SDK, game isn’t compatible with OS X 10.6 and older anymore.
Enabling the old build
- Select Trine 2 from your Steam game library
- Right click on Trine 2 and open PROPERTIES
- Go to BETA tab
- Select beta: “old_v200_b1 – Old v2.00 build 1”
- Press CLOSE
- If Steam doesn’t start downloading data, VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE from Trine 2 Steam PROPERTIES -> LOCAL FILES
- Now you have the old v.2.00 (build 1) in use which was the build before this patch was released
If you experience any issues please contact our support via email: support(at)frozenbyte.com
We hope you enjoy the Trine 2 update and try it out on touch devices.
If you are having problems launching the game after the new patch, you can enable the old version by following the above 7 step instructions, see section “Enabling the old build”.
We will do a hotfix once we have more details about new issues.
Thank you for your patience!