We’re excited to announce our new stealth IP: Shadwen! Release in 2016.
Shadwen is a true stealth game where the only rule is to remain unseen. Stay hidden – or the ruthless guards will capture you on sight.
Check out the very first trailer below!
Shadwen, an assassin on a quest to kill the king, has a chance encounter with a little orphaned girl, Lily. She follows Shadwen on her dangerous journey, but when the ruthless guards get too close, Shadwen must take action right in front of Lily’s eyes.
Will Shadwen resort to violence and let Lily witness her crimes, or can she find another way and protect the child’s innocence?
To kill or not to kill – that is the question.
- Stay hidden – avoid detection and guards, who will ruthlessly kill you upon capture.
- Time is an accomplice – time stands still when you are not controlling Shadwen, allowing you to stop at any point: mid-motion, during jumps, right before a guard sees you.
- Carefully rewind time to manipulate your past and present actions to gain an upper hand on the guards. Make precision movements to nail each move and try different strategies for the ultimate solution.
- Pick your assassinations carefully. Avoid being seen, heard or getting caught indirectly. Suspicious sights and noises will alert the guards – use it to your benefit.
- Sneak and explore around the dark and gritty medieval province and use the environment to your advantage – use your rope to grapple onto rooftops, silently drop from ceilings, or veil yourself in the shadows.
- Use physics and a freely attachable rope to drag and topple objects. Make deaths look accidental; let gravity do the grave work.
- Set up traps and hazards to lure guards towards their untimely demise; discover new ways to eliminate or distract your foes by crafting items into deadly surprises, including poison traps, spike devices, smoke bombs and more.
- Lethal and non-lethal solutions. Choose your play style but remember: actions have consequences.
- Become a true god of stealth and protect Lily’s innocence – complete the game with no bodies left behind.
PRE-ALPHA DEBUT DEMO!
Available only for Humble Monthly‘s December subscribers. Provided only as an additional extra, not as a part of the regular December Monthly drop of games, and does not entitle to the full game upon release in 2016.
Hope you enjoy this exclusive sneak peek! If you’ve tried it, we’d be stoked to hear your thoughts!