Play the demo, drop the launch price!
You can now try out a sneak peek demo of Shadwen for a limited time. Each playthrough helps drive down the eventual launch price of the game. So go ahead, download the demo and start playing! 🙂
Don’t forget to share your best moments with #FromTheShadows for a chance to win Shadwen & Frozenbyte related prizes!
How to Participate
STEP 1: Get the demo!
Demo is available for free on Steam, GOG & Humble Store
STEP 2: Play!
Each playthrough contributes to a community score.
The higher the community score, the lower the launch price!
Play as many times as you want!
STEP 3: Share and win!
Share your best moments with #FromTheShadows for a chance to win Shadwen and Frozenbyte related prizes!
Event ends Monday February 29th 2016 18:00 GMT
Community score & launch price are updated regularly at www.shadwen.com
Rules available at event page.
Shadwen is a stealth-action game where the only rule is to remain unseen. Stay hidden – or the ruthless guards will kill you on sight!
Shadwen, an assassin on a quest to kill the king, has a chance encounter with an orphaned girl, Lily. She follows Shadwen on her dangerous journey, but when the ruthless guards get too close, Shadwen must take action right in front of Lily’s eyes.
Will Shadwen risk the girl’s budding trust by resorting to violence, or try and find another way while keeping her real purpose concealed?
To kill or not to kill – that is the question.
- MOVE FREELY – Sneak and explore around the dark and gritty medieval province and use the environment to your advantage – use your rope to grapple onto rooftops, silently drop down from ceilings, or veil yourself in the shadows.
- STAY HIDDEN – Pick your assassinations carefully. Avoid being seen, heard or getting caught indirectly. Suspicious sights and noises will alert the guards – use it to your benefit!
- TIME IS AN ACCOMPLICE – Time stands still when you are not moving Shadwen, allowing you to stop at any point mid-motion. Rewind time to manipulate your past and present actions!
- USE PHYSICS – Use physics and a freely attachable rope to drag and topple objects. Make deaths look accidental; let gravity do the grave work.
- CREATE TRAPS AND HAZARDS – Set up traps and hazards to lure guards towards their untimely demise; discover new ways to eliminate or distract your foes by crafting items into deadly surprises, including poison traps, spike devices, decoy toys and more.
- TWO CHARACTERS – Embrace the darkness with Shadwen and her abilities to protect Lily and create a safe passage for her.
Really cool event.
My best for now is:
1110 points (Killed Everyone + Never Detected)
(I also got Don’t Kill Anyone alone).
Do you think it’s possible to do a Don’t Kill Anyone + Never Detected run?
How many points you get doing that?
Thank you for this really cool and great event, Shadwen is really cool, I really love the demo (and it’s also for mac, thank you!!!) (I will buy the game for sure… If I win it I will buy it for a friend… or maybe I will just buy it for lots of friends I don’t know… anyway I only want to thank you for your great job).
Great score! 🙂 Also glad to hear you enjoy demo! It’s not actually possible to do a “no kills + never detected” run in the current demo. This is because even the cautious guards are currently counting as detected. This will be fixed for the final game though!
I haven´t enjoyed playing a game this much since thief 1 en 2. If you can combine this with a good story I´m sure this will make my 3 best games ever list without a sweat.
Thanks so much! Super happy that you enjoyed the demo so much. 🙂
I tried this game and I really do love it(5 hours in the demo), even though (or maybe because) I am not really into stealth games! It just feels badass to act perfectly and take out all guards without them seeing you. Also rewarding the player for taking the peaceful way adds a completely new layer of dept to the game.
I have only a few things I would love to have in this game:
– A replay of your level (I think this would look really good and it adds to the “badass” level :D)
– A counter in the game which tells you how many guards have seen you/you killed because sometimes they recognize me so close to their death, and i dont notice, which destroys a perfect runthrough
– Can you already craft in this version and if yes, how?
– Please give a hint to press “I” for inventory! In my first four games i didnt knew there were traps at all 😀
– A mechanic to make a death look like it was an accident
– A better way to interact with the lil girl, maybe a way to get her onto something to get more ways to play peaceful
I think thats it for now!
Keep making awesome games!
Thanks so much for your feedback! I’ll make sure to forward it to our designers. Glad to hear you enjoy the demo. 🙂
The current demo doesn’t yet support item crafting, but this will be added for the final game. Also sorry for the poor tutorial! We meant to include lots of more things in the tutorial video (such as the inventory), but some things got left out. The final game will naturally have a proper in-game tutorial.
I liked that game. It was quite challenging, but with rewinding time, I was able to try going without killing anybody or without anyone noticing me. Combination to not be noticed and kill everyone was actually still quite difficult because guards with shields and those cowards who stayed in groups. If this game has good plot so that there is actually reason not to kill people (other than Steam trophy), I’m going to be quite happy.
It might be nice to be able to rewatch gamerun without rewindling. I would like to see how ultimate skills I have without revealing how many tries I had done.
Thanks so much for your feedback! 🙂