Week 48 (25.11. – 29.11.2019)
Here are the progress notes of week 48:
- Cargo Lock Beam “status”-fields added to YOLOL, functionality tested: cargo lock beam state can be shown in the UI screen with YOLOL.
- Group instancing in asteroid mining job tested: group members can see each other and all the asteroids in instances regardless being inside or outside of the instance.
- Electricity costs for furnaces, material smelting and cargo beams calculated.
- Economy simulation calculations and planning worked on.
- Maneuver Thruster resource consumption adjusted to meet it’s reduced thrust power.
- UX improvements to UI design: unifying highlight and interaction logic across different UIs.
- Device component design logic adjustments to support smoother updates to existing ships in cases where device function is significantly changed.
- Improving station storage design for clearer interaction when storing different types of material (ships, inventory items, resources).
- Device design for additional ship information and control devices.
- Company station inventory management design worked on.
- Minor fixes to general UI for companies.
- CV design for medals and insignia worked on.
- New bolt profiles, that reach the ship’s frame, created.
- Rocket launcher added as an option to be automatically reloaded.
Starbase Spaceship Creator
- Spaceship Creator tested with modules that have cables and pipes installed.
- Fixes for previous multiplayer issues regarding stuttering and modify device fields tested and verified.
- Triangle thruster bolt positions updated in Pincer.
- Missing pipes added to device hardpoints after adding launchers to Kingdom Lance.
- Automated bus routes tested, couple routes adjusted after station updates.
- Building Tool: Shadows and dynamic lighting removed from holograms for better performance: an assert fixed when rapidly building and completing multiple holograms of the same blueprint
- Pose syncing: Doors and other objects fixed that have their poses synced relative to other objects gliding out of place: extrapolation time limited for clients whose packets haven’t been received
- Further working on maneuver thruster, first basic tests and implementations: applies torque to reach target
- Simplified and modified inventory code simplified and modified to support moving items between player and station inventories better
- Button/UI hover animation fixed to not to play during reload
- Local adaptation in the new entity syncing system fixed
- A speed output field in Main Flight Computers added
- Handling of quickly changing looped sound sources fixed and constant simple collision sounds from objects stuck into each other fixed
- Rail mover audio fixed
- Rangefinders not seeing LODs fixed
- A resource network lockup issue caused by by YOLOL inputs fixed
- Backpack finding incorrect slots as free or not free slot fixed, maximum slot amount being two less than it should have been fixed.
- Allowing items fixed to be swapped when they wouldn’t fit on dragged item source slot.
- Quickbar items not being added on game start fixed, quickbar now updates until all the items have found a match in the inventory.
- Tools and weapons are now able to be set on quickslosts.
- SSC text inputs blocking chat permanently fixed.
Starbase Spaceship Creator
- Issues in complicated object group transformations have been resolved.
- SSC device issues have been discussed and resolved: devices should no longer perform automatic entity merges and splits while in the edit mode.
- Reset rotation functionality has been re-implemented: this applies to all previews and single component selections.
- Refactored the SSC background management: background is no longer technically bound to the open scene.
- Blueprints are now allowed to have empty names: if a blueprint has no name, a localized create timestamp should be displayed instead.
- Build bounds visualization has been updated.
- Highlights now work on selected assets even if the layer opacity is set to 0.
- Fixed a bug that caused performance issues when a lot of assets were hidden.
- Command center chair positions adjusted, since the player drone slightly clipped with the tables.
- VIS main hall polishes and parenting: docking bays and outer walkways.
- Station module’s windows in the making.
- Gun effect tweaks: Effect switched on minigun for one with additional unique particles, gauss rifle muzzle flash iterated on.
- Bolter gun’s hit effect’s emission reduced.
- Rifle and one-handed tool type weapons/tools now have carry run and walk animations.
- Pickaxe now has 3rd person relaxed and universal tool idle animations.
- Rocket launcher 3rd person draw and holster animations improved.
- Pistol, repeater pistol, tactical shotgun, laser rifle, battle rifle and grenade launcher textures updated and tweaked: paintjobs were updated to have better combinations.
- Torpedo Launcher: Preliminary models fixed for the Torpedo Launcher update, tested to work with other assets such as mounts and cradles, high poly models underway.
- Errors related to LOD maximum distance fixed, the maximum distance has changed and some of the LODs are exceeding it which caused an error.
- UI icons: Inventory icons made for Bolt Tool magazine, Cable Tool magazine, Pipe Tool magazine and loose bolts.
- Snapping point accuracy problems on plate assets fixed.
- The shoot effect of tractor beam updated to be shorter in order to avoid clipping through objects.
Gallery of the week
That was all for now, until next week!