It’s finally the time! We’re happy to properly announce Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and reveal the first gameplay details and the official announcement trailer!
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is developed by us here at Frozenbyte and published by Modus Games, and is coming to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC this fall!
Get ready to experience the most complete Trine ever created! The Trine series returns to the magic of 2.5D with Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince! The three heroes of the best-selling adventure series are back, sent on a quest to retrieve the troubled young Prince Selius. Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief are joined together once again on a thrilling quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes teeming with danger.
Prince Selius suffers from intensely dark dreams and, due to his magical talents, monstrous nightmares are able to slip into reality and wreak havoc on the waking world. Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya must find the afflicted prince and resolve the desperate situation before the world is engulfed by the Nightmare Prince’s shadows.
- Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system.Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.
Alongside the series’ new installment, Modus will release Trine: Ultimate Collection. Packed with bonus content at retail, the bundle will include Trine: Enchanted Edition, Trine 2: Complete Story, Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power, and Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC both physically and digitally.
Trine: Ultimate Collection at retail will include:
- Trine 1-4 Trine Series Original Soundtrack (download code)Trine 4 Digital Art Book (download code)Collector’s Reversible Cover SheetPhysical Trine 4 World Map
Consumers who buy Trine 4 at retail will receive:
- Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince Physical Trine 4 World Map
- Pre-order Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince or Trine: Ultimate Collection today to get a Trine 4 Cloth Poster and bonus in-game content!