Week 49 (2.12. – 6.12.2019)
Here are the progress notes of week 49:
- Testmap built for cargo lock frame and cargo beams: electricity consumption tested for both cargo solutions.
- Mining backpack tested: compression rates and processing speed for the backpack configured.
- Ship weapon prices adjusted to more reasonable values and crafting material requirements updated.
- Economy adjustments: material and resource value calculations and price corrections and profit margins adjusted in configurations.
- Improvements to joint motor behaviour design to prepare for new types, allowing cable connections on both sides for data and power.
- New UI created for creating and joining a Company.
- Design for Team hierarchy for Companies, player placement in Teams and ship rights for teams worked on.
- Design worked on for new storage UIs and interaction.
- Performance test done with the scaled thruster effects.
- New bolt points added for the bolt profile in the large hardpoint corners.
Starbase Spaceship Creator
- Pre-cabled module tests: Carrier module test -> module modified and now there is enough lock beams for small fighter ship.
- Plug component added to Navigation Receiver: bigger receiver now works on hardpoint without turntable (smaller receiver already had this connection possibility).
- Docking to the carrier with smaller ship tested:
- Some issues with docking to a moving ship: the smaller ship needs to be in a specific spot to be locked with the lock beams.
- Building tool autofill feature, which will keep building an object even when not actively painting the targeted object, worked on.
- Simplified and modified inventory code even more to better support moving items between player and station inventories.
- Player mass now slows down ships and makes them heavier in collisions.
- A separate manager was developed to handle thruster-like sounds of distant ships.
- A visualization error in the Range Finder’s laser beam effect fixed.
- Cargo beams now consume power based on how much they are holding.
- Power consumption of Cargo Lock Frame adjusted.
- A render bug in asteroids fixed, asteroids remain invisible until the fracture swapping is completed, so the inner material won’t flash across the surface when spawning in.
- Building tool resources requirements estimation tweaked: maximum voxel volume is now the tool brush volume which reduces the possible error in materials consumption.
- Issue with UniversalTool having an invisible panel somewhere in the world when not activated fixed.
- Ore compression support added:
- Inventory entries can be tagged with massCompressed & volumeCompressed
- Inventory slots have more space for items which volume is compressed
- Mass & Volume can be configured and fetched from MaterialCompressionSettings
- UI displays compressed ores with “Compressed”-prefix and their amount is divided by compression multiplier
- Different mining backpack configurations support added: automatic processing removed from backpack that has no processing slots.
- Functions created for saving and loading the player’s CV state from server.
- Company description boxes set to have active input when they are opened.
Starbase Spaceship Creator
- “Locate in 3D view” button added to the scene view window.
- Increased allowed blueprint version file size on the blueprint server.
- Issues with autosaving have been fixed (sometimes not clearing the stash or clearing it when it shouldn’t).
- VIS loading docks decorations continue, focusing on outer decoration draft with loading docks.
- VIS main hall dock decoration parenting and polishing.
- Storage floor decorating continues; decals, plates and lights added.
- Modeling and UV mapping completed for command center LODs.
- Assault Rifle retopology worked on.
- Visual tweaks to the Torpedo Launcher, some details removed.
- All the material cubes edited to have similar bolting holes as the biggest version.
- Revolver, Antigel, Rail rifle textures updated: paintjobs updated for better combinations.
- Small asteroid rocks and clusters created.
Gallery of the week
That was all for now, until next week!