Week 50 (December 7th – 11th)
Hello everyone! Here are the progress notes of week 50!
Please note that the “Progress Notes” are different from the Starbase Alpha “Patch Notes”. Progress Notes are snippets from the development team and what has been worked on during the previous week, and many of the features might not be present in the current or upcoming builds of the Closed Alpha. Some features, especially in the design portion, can be subject to change as the development continues.
- Fuel Rod does not require bolts anymore when attached to Fuel Chamber
- New ellipsoid safe zone around Origin: The safe zones changed from 350x200x80km box to a 1000x440x100km ellipsoid
- Ore distribution has been adjusted in the safe zone to match the new safe zone shape
- A bug fixed that allowed to get other players’ credits while standing in the collector shaft at Mining Job.
- Beam weld mass changed, they do not add extra mass to ships
- Automatic thruster naming tested and added to Ship Designer: Thruster names should now match the names used by the MFC automatically
- Improvements to ship transponders and station transponders were designed, added an article about transponders to Starbase wiki
- Improvements to ship hosting and loading were designed
- Sunny Ship Center (dev spaceship shop) updates:
- Laborer II has been added (pre-upgraded tutorial reward ship)
- Player ship shop updates:
- Added to Rando shops: Glacier AH-06, Donnager, Tadpole, Nusa light shuttle (moved from Okim), Croc, Harpy, Swine, Apito, Elyune, Will-o-Wisp, Nymph, Ridder
- Added to Okim shops: Midge, Mastodon, Mover, Malamute II, T3-A Vulcanus, Bat
- Added to DURΛTΞCH shop: LYNGBAKER A, Fundinn A, EYDAMA A, ORMVIDAR A, Aelsa A, Alfrigg A, Bomburr A, Jordis A, Signy A
- Removed: Miter Saw, Nate, Protector
- Small scrap detection issues have been fixed
- Containers no longer explode upon building
- Autobolting now works with angled beams
- Ore penalty to ship towing cost doesn’t apply anymore when the ship has been lost at the target station
- Option for highlighting missing station and lot blueprint parts has been added
- An issue fixed where players got repeatedly disconnected due to entering the game in the middle of a large station with too much data being sent from the server at once
- A Fix to ore not stacking fully is underway
- An issue where items on lots couldn’t be picked up has been fixed
- Players are no longer able to buy 2×1 items when there’s no space in the Mining Backpack
- Players are no longer able to bolt other players’ ships with auto-bolting
- Trade window now has a limit of 2000 items
- An issue fixed with ores disappearing when using material transfer context menu several times
- Priority snap point type added for devices which will only connect with a hardpoint-type
- Placeholder version of company teams UI is now finished
- Thruster sounds have been tweaked
- Ore collection sounds have been fixed
- Mining backpack vacuuming sounds have been changed to match the new design
- LOD collision audio support is in the making
Animations and Emotes
- 1st person rocket launcher reload animation has been updated to match the current reload time
- Rummage animations (1st person) have been added to Building Tool, C4, Laser Rifle and Laser Cutter.
Stations and Cities
- First skyscraper entrance has been updated with interior decorations.
- Four skyscraper floor modules, as well as their “light/dark” versions, have been updated with interior decorations.
- Various LODs created and updated
Weapons and Armor
- Yeoman armorset texture update is in progress
- Weapon reticles have been updated (glow edited)
- Assets for five new ore material added: Material models, ore textures and inventory icons.
- New rich asteroid concept images have been created (ideas only, not decided to implement in game yet)
- Endoskeleton texture update is in progress
- The Reconstruction Machine textures have been finished.
- A hologram has been created for the Balestra logo
- UI art has been made for the scale tool in SSC
Gallery of the week
Don’t forget to join our official Starbase Forums and Starbase Discord for Starbase-related discussion and content!
See you next week! 🚀
Leave a Reply