After five years in the making, we are thrilled to announce our sci-fi MMO Starbase and to reveal the first details about the game along with the official announcement trailer!
Starbase is a massively multiplayer online game with gameplay focused on building and designing spaceships and stations, exploration, resource gathering, crafting, trading, and combat.
Starbase is coming to Steam Early Access later in 2019! You can wishlist it here on Steam.
Join the discussion at Starbase Discord to choose a side from the rivaling factions of the Empire and the Kingdom or form your own alliances with other players. The plotting starts already! Discord is also the hottest place to be for competitions, latest news and possible alpha tests, so make sure you join now!
Be sure to visit the Starbase website and subscribe to our newsletter as well!
Get ready to conquer space by yourself or with friends in the ever-expanding universe of Starbase! Starbase is an MMO with a fully destructible environment and a multitude of fine-detailed simulations that allow you, the players, the ultimate freedom to conquer space and unleash your creativity.
Set in a universe of huge scale and detail, the fully-destructible environment and the hybrid of voxel and vertex-based game mechanics enable simulations in the game at immense depth. Wow, that’s a fancy sentence, right? But what does it even mean? Well, in practice, this:
Minor collisions may break a few outer plates from your spaceship, while fast-speed crashes can rip the ship apart. Thruster propellant pipe leaks may cause spaceships to stall, but the corrosive, leaking propellant might also melt the superstructure of your precious ship and cause a catastrophic failure. Damaged ship controls in a spaceship do not necessarily mean your space travelling is over, as you can apply manual values for the flight directly to the generator and thrusters from the engine room. Just remember that someone might steal your precious cargo while you are fixing away in the engine room.
The scale and depth of the simulation in all aspects of the game gives you the ultimate freedom to use your innovativeness and creativity – the building blocks of success in Starbase. From constructing single spaceships with durable outer platings to creating massive automated factories and designing electricity and data networks, you are free to do it your way.
Destructible environment with voxel and fracture damage and in-depth simulation
- The environment in Starbase is fully destructible, meaning everything can be destroyed or disassembled with the right kind of tools and weaponry.
- The in-depth physics simulation enabled by hybrid voxel/vertex-based game mechanics make fights, exploration and flying spaceships more creative and fun.
- The simulation of structural and elemental durability in the game adds its own twist and challenge to the efforts to conquer space; poorly designed superstructures combined with overpowered steering thrusters can snap the spaceships in half if cutting corners too much in a space race.
Play and interact online with thousands of players, join factions, and more
- Start shaping the Starbase universe with fellow robots by joining and working for factions. Build, fight, chat and group up with other players to discover and settle the vast galaxy that is waiting for its first conquerors to make their mark.
- Mine asteroids by yourself, trade and haul cargo with your friends, or build a capital station with a huge company.
- Take part in the battle between the Empire and the Kingdom, or leisurely explore the galaxy while the insurance system has you covered should you accidentally wander into uncharted space.
- Success in Starbase is not measured in hours played or an endless grind, but in the ingenuity of each player and their ability to work together.
Build and design your spaceships, stations, and devices down to the tiniest detail
- The smallest building unit in Starbase is a single bolt, allowing you to build, repair and modify spaceships, stations, and devices as you wish.
- Even the smallest ships have thousands of parts, each with their own detailed damage model, making building and designing a truly creative process.
- Learning to use the in-game programming chips will take building and designing to a new level; innovation, automation of ships and creating clever ship layouts will make all the difference!
Explore the infinite universe and gather resources
- Explore the vast universe to discover stations, social hubs and new raw materials. Arrange an exploration mission with friends and find out what the universe has to offer.
- Travel to an asteroid field to mine raw minerals and salvage different materials from broken ships, trade materials at trading stations or steal from others if that floats your (space)boat.
Starbase Early Access invites you, the pioneers, to a new galaxy that you can begin to first explore from one station, the Mega Station, located at the celestial orbit of a single planet. As you eventually settle the entire orbit, you can start finding ways to travel to the planet’s moons and someday all the way to other planets and distant star systems. The still unoccupied universe of Starbase offers adventurous pioneers the chance to take part in the building of the galaxy and in discovering what will be the first steps in the twilight of space travel.
Early Access allows you to explore, buy and modify spaceships, form social connections and to earn money by gathering and selling resources. You can start building your home stations at the Mega Station and begin the exploration and creation of the Starbase universe together with us here at Frozenbyte.
Join the mailing list at Starbase website for even more Starbase related content!