Week 43 (21.10. – 25.10.2019)
Here are the progress notes of week 43:
- Collision damage design: players take damage depending on the amount of impulse they receive when colliding with other players or objects
- Asteroid Mining Job tested for any known issues
- Building Tool UI worked on
- Locale, resource and economy configurations and fixes
- Locales added for Starbase Spaceship Creator devices and broken locales fixed
- Storage system and universal tool UI; Iterating on universal tool storage mode UI design, updating general universal tool UI design and unifying interaction logic between modes
- Gas canister reactions and explosions; testing an “explosion track” with canisters placed next to each other
- Company Overview page: modular elements added, Company advertisements and applications designed
- Company Stations, designs for inventory management and station access and rights
- Connector design: walkways updated, walkways + attachments added
- Support beams modified in connector module to fit lower grid slot’s support beams
- Slot connector module is now called a pillarway
- Stacking lots test build done in Mega Station Creator
- Pillarway module build finished
- Beam structures modified in walkway intersections of lower grid slots
- Walkway intersections updated in multiple grid slots
- New design for rotate tool in Ship Creator: addition of a rotation indicator and wider axle representation
- New possible design for better collision checks in Mega Station Creator: system that automatically generates an accurate collision box of the actual model, then cast that collision box over the lod and use it for collision checks
- Information gathered for the universal Spaceship Creator guide
- Large modules named and new ones added in Spaceship Creator
- Object Pose extrapolation: final tests and commits made.
- Grabbing related issues fixed.
- Parenting for replaced objects fixed.
- UI improvements: scroll bar fixed.
- Jobs section fixed: used to remove the first job no matter which job was clicked, job list loading fixed.
- Ship despawn areas added to lots.
- Some rework on slot & yolol chips autoconnect-to-slot logic.
- Mining job tests underway.
- Asteroid spawning fixes: now prevents asteroid from spawning if an asteroid is already being spawned.
- Lot inventory: inventory headers and slots working now.
- Lot inventory: item moving code refactored, items can now be properly moved between bank, station inventory and backpack.
- Tools: Fixed an infinite loop caused by refactored lowering system.
- Animation: Unified animation context setting and context behavior in one place. This fixed some animation issues that used separate logic.
- Pushing: Added more accurate way of detecting if an object tried to be pushed is a ship. Old one caused problems with parts originated from ships.
- Weapons: Fixed reloading with primary button to work properly.
- The mining job collector refactored including loading settings from type.
- 3D GUI culling changed so that in no longer fails while moving in high speeds.
- Work on setting up Steam friends in social tab underway.
- Created new item for bolt magazine, with ammo type Bolt.
- Fixed chat related input issue in SSC.
- Small fixes on SocialTabContextMenu to handle input leaks properly.
- Tabs added to quick access area and rendering added for quick access table.
- Social Tab visual rework underway.
- Friend name and status now shows in the table.
- Sorting function added for Steam friends and special rendering functions which doesn’t use filters.
- Filter scaling changed to scale everywhere on the screen and to stop scaling when mouse button is lifted.
- Fixed a bug where Steam players that were away weren’t shown online.
Starbase Spaceship Creator
- Low detail background added and customizable build area restrictions to the ship creator when entered from a station’s terminal.
- A dev feature added to the ship creator to preview ship’s automatically generated LOD model.
- Bugs fixed where the device component connections would break the multi-user undo.
- More spawning related issues with the blueprint terminals fixed.
- Economy core tech refactored, price servers changed, editor changes made.
- Work on basic economy tech continues.
- More volumetric fog tests, splitting passes for generating density.
- Blue noise atlas replaced with uniform one; Adding mergebot config for util texture dir.
- MaterialResources created for managing material textures.
- MeshMaterialProcesserModule texture processing refactored to use renderer/processing/util/TextureProcessing.
- Macro texture parameters updated to work with blue noise masking.
- Tiling using blue noise masking reduced.
- Ship showroom decoration polishes and parenting, some positions of ships changed.
- A color fix made in empire ship repair hall.
- LODs updated for shops.
- Farlod made for megastation’s upper intersection, all the collision errors fixed with metro grid.
- Command center decorations underway.
- mining_shop module updated and the fixed module to grid slots.
- Missing railings and other interior objects added for maintenance hall.
- Trading market log updated and details added.
- Fixed mounts’ visual update finished.
- Ship assets: A set of window assets edited and their default alpha values and default roughness values so that reflecting light sources aren’t as blinding.
- Ship assets: 5 new window plates created, 3 new non-window plates created as a counter parts for window plates.
- Ship assets: LODs created for 9 window plates.
- Plasma rifle’s hit and projectile effects have been modified.
- Reload effect for battle rifle added and projectile edited.
- Arclighter projectile was updated with a better lightning effect.
- Plasma rifle projectile was updated.
- Gauss rifle textures and paint-jobs updated.
- Arclighter and Reaper cannon rigs updated with new magazine models, slight rig optimizations.
- New animations for first-person Arclighter and Reaper cannon reloads.
- New Reaper cannon third-person stand idle and stand relaxed idle animations.
- Details around “the rail” ad sign added.
- Some sub modules replaced, collisions checked and faction colors configured.
- Tests made on different sized asteroid and with object placing.
Gallery of the week
That was all for now, until next week!