Week 47 (18.11. – 22.11.2019)
Here are the progress notes of week 47:
- New mining backpack tested and configurations adjusted: processing materials now has raw and processed materials in their own slots and conversion rates of the processing have been updated.
- Mining job halls worked on: issue where players would not receive rewards in certain areas of the hall fixed by making the reward area larger.
- Group instancing in mining job workstations tested, instancing with groups still has issues.
- Cargo lock frame electricity consumption design reviewed.
- Inventory icons for materials configured and fixed.
- Device configuration improvements:
- Robot arm joint properties adjusted to better reflect intended use.
- Robot arm tools reconfigured for better function.
- Pilot chair stand support added to all turret mounts similar to advanced cradle.
- Autobolting tested for triangle thrusters, new bolt profiles made for the new triangle thruster bolt points.
- Economy design worked on:
- Insurance and debt design.
- Ship manufacturing and building cost calculations.
- Ship pricing logic and math for code.
- Electricity usage for Cargo Lock Beams and – Lock Frames, building electricity costs (3D printing).
- UI for Ships and Stations reworked to use similar systems.
- UI created for a Company owned ship.
- UI for Company ship Access control improved.
- Company Navigation bar rearranged.
Spaceship & Station Creators
- Triangle thruster bolt profile tested in Spaceship Creator:
- Thrusters bolt together now.
- Re-bolting triangle thrusters tested on Spatha.
- Bolt profiles adjusted: Autobolter placed longer bolts for beam connection.
- Triangle thruster bolt profile now works better with autobolter.
- Frame integrity calculations updated.
- Ship pose stability improved when switching between LOD and the actual ship model.
- Proper client side support for inventory deletion added and fixed.
- Buying and despawning should now assign ships properly to station inventories.
- Station inventories are now automatically deleted when they have been empty for at least a minute and the player is not located at corresponding station.
- Client side (station) inventories set to properly track their ships.
- Localization added for Durability features.
- Fixes added for structural collisions of physics actors with origins outside their bounds.
- Mass flow distribution improved in ship frame integrity calculations.
- Collision sound effects added for simple collisions.
- Cargo lock and Tractor beam and Range finder visual and audio effects tweaked.
- YOLOL field added to Cargo Lock Beam for status.
- Pipe and cable tool ammo consumption adjusted.
- Functionality added for Company Rank edit page.
- Problems with writing and locales fixed.
- Durability Tool’s deselection and error box selection fixed.
- Several multiplayer connection related issues have been fixed.
- Several multi-user undo bugs have been fixed.
- A bug that prevented clients from seeing their bolts has been fixed.
- Assets with multiple components showing multiple times in the asset browser fixed.
- All components of multi-part assets should now keep their layers correctly when saving and loading.
- Texture mapping: texture scale and displacement improved.
- VIS main hall parenting and decorations polish continues.
- VIS loading docks worked on.
- VIS deco: details and decals added to unpolished parts.
- Tintmask and albedo maps for large wall modules fixed.
- LOD for station_trading_market_back_alley worked on, basic shape done and details added.
- Outer LOD for station_trading_market_upper_shops fixed and merged with the inner one.
- UVs worked on for station_trading_market_upper_shops.
- Assault rifle weapon design worked on.
- Torpedo launcher’s redesign work continues.
- Rocket launcher textures updated to be the same quality as the other weapons.
- Proper paintjobs were created for the weapon.
- First-person carry animations updated for multiple weapons.
- Rocket launcher magazine model fixed to use proper UVs.
- Pilot chair: snap points added to weapon cradle and versions of fixed mount 2, so that pilot chair’s stand can be placed.
- Third-person rifle relaxed pose updated.
- Left hand animations when interacting with levers and buttons while armed implemented.
Gallery of the week
That was all for now, until next week!