Week 47 (18.11. – 22.11.2019)
Here are the progress notes of week 47:
- New mining backpack tested and configurations adjusted: processing materials now has raw and processed materials in their own slots and conversion rates of the processing have been updated.
- Mining job halls worked on: issue where players would not receive rewards in certain areas of the hall fixed by making the reward area larger.
- Group instancing in mining job workstations tested, instancing with groups still has issues.
- Cargo lock frame electricity consumption design reviewed.
- Inventory icons for materials configured and fixed.
- Device configuration improvements:
- Robot arm joint properties adjusted to better reflect intended use.
- Robot arm tools reconfigured for better function.
- Pilot chair stand support added to all turret mounts similar to advanced cradle.
- Autobolting tested for triangle thrusters, new bolt profiles made for the new triangle thruster bolt points.
- Economy design worked on:
- Insurance and debt design.
- Ship manufacturing and building cost calculations.
- Ship pricing logic and math for code.
- Electricity usage for Cargo Lock Beams and – Lock Frames, building electricity costs (3D printing).
- UI for Ships and Stations reworked to use similar systems.
- UI created for a Company owned ship.
- UI for Company ship Access control improved.
- Company Navigation bar rearranged.
Spaceship & Station Creators
- Triangle thruster bolt profile tested in Spaceship Creator:
- Thrusters bolt together now.
- Re-bolting triangle thrusters tested on Spatha.
- Bolt profiles adjusted: Autobolter placed longer bolts for beam connection.
- Triangle thruster bolt profile now works better with autobolter.
- Frame integrity calculations updated.
- Ship pose stability improved when switching between LOD and the actual ship model.
- Proper client side support for inventory deletion added and fixed.
- Buying and despawning should now assign ships properly to station inventories.
- Station inventories are now automatically deleted when they have been empty for at least a minute and the player is not located at corresponding station.
- Client side (station) inventories set to properly track their ships.
- Localization added for Durability features.
- Fixes added for structural collisions of physics actors with origins outside their bounds.
- Mass flow distribution improved in ship frame integrity calculations.
- Collision sound effects added for simple collisions.
- Cargo lock and Tractor beam and Range finder visual and audio effects tweaked.
- YOLOL field added to Cargo Lock Beam for status.
- Pipe and cable tool ammo consumption adjusted.
- Functionality added for Company Rank edit page.
- Problems with writing and locales fixed.
- Durability Tool’s deselection and error box selection fixed.
- Several multiplayer connection related issues have been fixed.
- Several multi-user undo bugs have been fixed.
- A bug that prevented clients from seeing their bolts has been fixed.
- Assets with multiple components showing multiple times in the asset browser fixed.
- All components of multi-part assets should now keep their layers correctly when saving and loading.
- Texture mapping: texture scale and displacement improved.
- VIS main hall parenting and decorations polish continues.
- VIS loading docks worked on.
- VIS deco: details and decals added to unpolished parts.
- Tintmask and albedo maps for large wall modules fixed.
- LOD for station_trading_market_back_alley worked on, basic shape done and details added.
- Outer LOD for station_trading_market_upper_shops fixed and merged with the inner one.
- UVs worked on for station_trading_market_upper_shops.
- Assault rifle weapon design worked on.
- Torpedo launcher’s redesign work continues.
- Rocket launcher textures updated to be the same quality as the other weapons.
- Proper paintjobs were created for the weapon.
- First-person carry animations updated for multiple weapons.
- Rocket launcher magazine model fixed to use proper UVs.
- Pilot chair: snap points added to weapon cradle and versions of fixed mount 2, so that pilot chair’s stand can be placed.
- Third-person rifle relaxed pose updated.
- Left hand animations when interacting with levers and buttons while armed implemented.
Gallery of the week
That was all for now, until next week!
Don’t forget to take part in the conversation on the official Starbase Forums and our Starbase Discord server.
Leave a Reply