Week 50 (9.12. – 13.12.2019)
Here are the progress notes of week 50:
- New test entities added to a cargo beam test map, the beam power consumption tested again.
- Object rotations in carry mode tested, axis lock threshold adjusted for better user experience.
- Cargo lock beams power consumption tested, the power consumption levels adjusted for better balance.
- Cargo lock beams power consumption tested in test environment and with Nautilus cargo ship in real gameplay situation.
- Four new mining backpack variants created.
- UI screen issues in asteroid mining job fixed, all the screens are working again.
- Economy configuration updates: major test adjustment to infantry weapons.
- Triangle thruster and receiver bolt profiles updated.
- New shop UI worked on.
- Material cube bolt positions tested, bolt profiles will be created to improve usability.
- Density property changes, effects on damage formula and possible updates and improvements to damage calculations.
- Triangle thruster bolting updated in Ithaca V1, Lictor, Veles, Zilant and Pioneer.
- Further testing on torpedo guidance made.
- Inventory issues caused by refactoring fixed: items unintentionally dropping to world, not picking up, stacking on wrong situations and whole bunch of others.
- Dragging area of station inventory UI is now larger and more intuitive.
- Ships are now spawnable only from areas that have access to the station inventory they are saved into.
- Remote LOD ships now have “traditional” thruster sounds.
- Mass units related debugging and reconfiguring made.
- Internal handling of material mass and density unified, resolving various display and logic issues.
- Network and memory relays changed to have enabled flags on both sides of the connection; both must be on to function.
- Cargo beams sometimes remaining in effect when shut off fixed.
- Device networks treating nearly depleted batteries as infinite power sources fixed.
- Ship sub pages added to the company tree.
- ‘Add member’ button in Company Roster now sends company invitation and ‘Join’ button accepts the company invitation.
- Invitations now close when inventory menu is closed.
Starbase Spaceship Creator
- Feature that allows opening a damaged owned ship inside the SSC in the making.
- Multiplayer issues that occurred when joining a SSC session during edit to test mode change have been fixed.
- Renderer support added for rendering early and late 3D GUI, render flags added to HUI functions to allow terminals to render early.
- Early and late GUI support bridging between game and renderer.
- Collision errors fixed for material cubes at market station
- VIS skydeck decoration polishes made
- Storage floor decorations work underway
- Main hall parenting polishes made
- Sentinel rifle have been added to the game (with temp textures), rig made and configured to work in-game.
- SMG Gatling textures updated and paintjobs updated for better combinations.
- Torpedo Launcher: Some visual tweaks to the Torpedo Launcher, a few details removed.
- Transition animation made for pickaxe and rifle weapons when entering weapon lowered stance when standing.
- Skybox stars redesign underway.
- Material Cubes: All the material cubes now have similar bolting holes like the biggest versions have.
- The thruster effects optimized by removing unnecessary particles etc.
- A beam mesh’s incorrect origin position fixed.
- Asteroid rock designs underway.
Gallery of the week
That was all for now, until next week!