Week 6 (February 3rd – 7th)
Here are the progress notes of Week 6:
- Old tooltips remade with a bigger font, to improve readability.
- Ship weapons tested against basic materials and ships to get better feel of current material and weapon balance.
- Company functionality design worked on: co-ownership, disband / owner leaving and general Company controls.
- Inventory buy limits tested and confirmed, currently settled on 5000.
- Asteroid spawner rotation offset configurations tweaked to improve the Mining Job experience.
- Configurations updated: Oninum Armor value adjusted from 5000 to 3500. Autocannon projectile mass increased from 10 to 11. Laser Cannon projectile mass reduced from 6 to 5. Damage adjustments tested against Onimum, new values feel better.
- New bolt profiles made for mounted weapon body 2.
- VIS grid slot: support beams added, collisions fixed, walkways, landing platforms, hallways and take-off docks updated.
- Skyscrapers worked on: corridor apartment entrance and roof modules updated and new room modules created.
- Vasama and Twin Vasama re-balanced, some plating had to be removed / relocated.
- Support added for kill zones that instantly kill players and destroy objects.
- An assert fixed with the building tool autofill feature.
- A bug where virtual bridges disappear from components with multiple virtual bridges has been fixed.
- Custom ships created via SSC are now bought for the intended price instead of obtaining them for free.
- Inventory tabs have been added to Material Sell menu.
- Bank tab code has been refactored.
- Filter buttons have been added to sort players and ships.
- An issue related to too long company names fixed by making the company name be maximum of 24 characters long.
- First simple approximation of projectile-to-ship context detection for battle music has been implemented.
- Distance filtering has been added to hostility events, so that fighting far away doesn’t start the battle music.
- Player distance-to-ship parameter has been added for player-ship association in battle context.
- Ship collisions with planets have been implemented.
- A bug where planets would disappear after visiting SSC was fixed.
- Planet memory usage has been optimized.
- Asteroid Collection Zone ad design has been made.
- Asteroid Mining Job sign post and new logo sign pieces have been created.
- Skyscraper wall level art underway.
- Skyscraper base module building underway.
- Elevator hall and salvage shop decoration updates.
- VIS office module has been updated and some windows added.
Moons and Asteroids
- Alpha moon terrains have been finished.
- Updated moon textures are in the making.
- Procedural object placement for moons has been adjusted.
- Asteroid rock and material updates.
- Rock meshes topology fixes have been made.
- Cargo crate baking and texturing have been made.
- Universal Projector’s high poly, low poly, UV’s, bakes and materials have been finished.
- Resource Grid Utility Panel’s assets design modified.
- Resource Grid Utility Panel & Box’s assets finished, high poly, low poly, UV’s, bakes and materials have been finished
- Armor sets: Jackal set textures and paint jobs have been polished.
- Weapon lockers have been updated.
- Whiplash gun’s hit effect edited and switched.
- Offset on maneuver thruster’s effect has been edited as the spawn point had been moved.
- Maneuver thruster on torpedo changed for a smaller on.
Gallery of the week
See you next week!🪐