Week 15 (April 6th – 9th)
Hello everyone! It’s time for another week of Starbase progress notes!
- Color palette updated for in-game chat, old colors replaced with new colors that are easier to read.
- Chat colors for leaders in Group and Team chats set to follow same logic as in Company officer chat.
- Faction functions and chat needs design worked on for separate faction and faction officer channels.
- Option to show channel names (long or short) and timestamps (long or short) added.
- Buzzsaw tested, issues detected in the 3rd-person view passed on to be fixed.
- Jobs in Work Hub tested and a configure issue fixed in Assembly Job: now spawned components are despawned when carried outside the hall.
- New mining ship being build.
- The positions of plates changed in Spatha variants to fix an issue where the ship was not flying straight.
- An initial implementation for recovering ships that were not properly despawned has been added.
- Small fixes in player animation activation and scrap detection/deletion have been made.
- A feedback system for component-specific voxel volume changes has been implemented.
- Buzzsaw only consumes ammo when actually cutting stuff now.
- Buzzsaw’s distance calculation has been improved and audio issues have been fixed.
- Welding Tool now only consumes ammo when welding things.
- Issues with item shop amount validation and button styles have been fixed.
- A maximum amount added when buying to station storage.
- Syncing has been added for crates so that other players can see the changes made to the slots correctly.
- A locking system has been added for crates when the slots are being dragged so other players can’t intervene.
- Implementation of the feedback server is underway.
- Menu entry button sound support has been added.
- Some of the tool button styles with audio support have been added to Spaceship Designer.
- Spaceship Designer window sounds have been plugged in.
- The individual components of multi-component entities can no longer be selected, instead both components are automatically selected, this prevents the user from accidentally separating the components from each other.
- The budget window can now estimate and show the modification price of a ship being edited in the Spaceship Designer.
- A system has been added for preventing the duplication and creation of unallowed objects in the ship creator.
- A bug that allowed the Spaceship Designer UI to stay open when being kicked or banned has been fixed.
- Buzzsaw’s 1st-person reload animation has been finished.
- Aim animations have been polished.
- Falling and fly animations for Pickaxe (relaxed) are in the making.
- Death animations are in the making.
- Relaxed pistol crouch transition & heavy crouch transition are in the making.
- Crouch transition & heavy crouch transition have been finished.
- New large asteroids have been made, variation added to the clusters.
- More variations of asteroid materials are in the making.
- Multi-material testing and overall material adjustments on big asteroids have been made.
- Maneuver thruster’s misalignment has been fixed.
- Autocannon’s ammo connection angle has been changed to 30 degrees
- Moon rock density tests are underway.
- Exterior decorating and decal bleed fixes on medium halls in the making.
- Asteroid hall farLOD tintmask and color map updated.
- Mega station’s ship showroom farLOD has been finished.
Gallery of the week
Unfortunately, there are no development videos this week. But we did post a new official video on YouTube, so make sure to check that out if you haven’t already! Click here to watch it.
See you next week!🪐