Week 44 (28.10. – 01.11.2019)
Here are the progress notes of week 44:
- Instancing tested on ship spawn locations (docks and landing pads).
- Grabbing Tool’s throw mechanism tested and tweaked.
- Mining laser now takes the armor of plates into account when trying to cut through them (strong armor plates take longer to cut through).
- Economy configuration fixes and updates.
- Missing locales added to the Ship Creator.
- New battery modular plugs tested.
- Configurations that the new updated rechargeable battery asset works with existing ships.
- Updated battery configured to support modular power plugs.
- Ship maps updated with new battery configurations.
- Storage system and universal tool UI: Design completed for basic storage system UI and interaction.
- General UI: task to unify UI elements across various UIs in the game.
- Design worked for Company UI Overview, Member settings and Company Settings – General.
- Design started for the Module Creator – a tool for players to create their own station modules, such as halls, landing platforms and hangars.
- Metro stops’ ladders and walkways have been updated to match the grid slots’ new walkway intersections.
- Small asteroid hauling slot has been added to the game.
- Pillarway renamed as Vertical bridge.
- Vertical bridge module ready.
- Walkways updated in every grid slot.
Spaceship & Station Creators
- Ship Creator: Setting starting line in one YOLOL chip affects other chips.
- Ship Creator: YOLOL chips keep running outside of test mode.
- Ship Creator: Module icons shouldn’t render through objects.
- Mega Station Creator: Snapping grid slots in 45 degree angles is now possible with the angled corner grid slots.
- Mega Station Creator: Priority snap points updated for angled corner .grid slots to enable 45 degree snapping.
- Weapon fixed mount pivot and rotation updated, connector plug positions fixed.
- Weapon fixed mount rotations fixed/updated in:
- Kingdom Knight ( laser, autocannon and plasma)
- Republic wing ( autocannon, laser and unarmed)
- Wekufe (laser, autocannon + A2 variants)
- Geist (laser & autocannon variants)
- Empire fighters (old ships)
- Empire Centurio (turrets)
- Veles (turrets)
- Test Lictors (turrets)
- Support added for using player-held tool modes’ bones for tool shoot-effect poses.
- Editor configs fixed for offsetting player-held tool effects not having any effects.
- YOLOL chips not saving their saved starting line fixed.
- Ship despawn areas fixed.
- An initial UI support added for station inventories.
- Support added for dynamically calculated impact damage when a player is hit by an object.
- A rotation issue with seating animation fixed.
- A rotation syncing issues with remote players fixed.
- Pushing issue with objects originated from ships fixed.
- Initial cargo collisions implementation released.
- Several aspects of multiplayer ungrabbing fixed.
- The material collection code refactored: material collection prevented if amount requested exceeds remainder on ticket.
- Support added for processing multiple components as a bunch.
- New properties added to the mining job collector.
- Terminals now show the correct sell prices, instead of showing prices without tax.
- GUI dropdown updates and fixes.
- Settings menu has been updated.
- Option added to hide in-game assert popup without disabling the feature completely.
- Dragged item showing incorrect slots as available slots fixed.
- Fixed weapons not shooting when changing teams.
- Support added for station and lot tiles.
- DEV CV now has info tiles for stations and lots.
- Scroll bar now works correctly on Social Tab.
- Leave group-button now removes the player from the group.
- Rendering added for team ships, team members and other players in the roster.
- Search added for ships and +add button to roster members so they can be added to the team.
- SSC terminals can now be used to host editing sessions. Group members can join ongoing sessions through the terminal.
- Fixed autobolter not using the bolt types suggested by the autobolting algorithm.
- Autobolter no longer attempts to place overlapping attachment plates.
- Motion vectors tested: now reduce ambient occlusion artifacts on dynamic objects
- Texture mapping fixes and improvements
- More volumetric fog tests underway
- Decos updated and many assets polished
- Roofs have been decorated and rubber pads updated on main walkways
- Level art updates and polishes
- Long rifle textures updated with better roughness detail balance and less pattern on the plastic shell.
- Long rifle paintjobs updated with more optimized shapes for better combinations.
- Arclighter muzzle flash effect reworked to have better resolution lightnings and other improvements.
- Arclighter idle, projectile, charge and muzzle flash effects were updated with more standardized blue colors and their light intensity was lowered.
- Weapon effect updates underway.
- Rocket Launcher UV’s updated.
- Arclighter now has 3rd person reload animation.
- New rifle carry stand idle animation.
- Tactical shotgun third-person reload animation polish.
- New rocks for asteroids and rock placement tweaks in the making.
- New Rechargeable Battery Asset finished.
- Collision errors with level art and metro grids fixed.
- New reload animation for cable tool.
- Bolt, cable and welding tool rigs updated with left hand IK targets.
- First-person and third-person carry animation tests underway.
Gallery of the week
That was all for now, until next week!