Week 4 (January 20th – 24th)
Here are the progress notes of Week 4:
- Mockup designed for new Assembly Job workstation layout.
- Assembly Hall reworked, so all the workstations can be identical and fit well.
- Issue, where mining backpack inventory icons were not visible in game, fixed.
- Font, text locations, names and other changes made for Player Profile page.
- Tax related design worked on and new tax values tested.
- Mining laser statistics and damage adjusted.
- New starting station Capital Imperial A has been created and added in the universe.
- Threshold in marketplace hangar module has been lowered, since it caused the player to get stuck.
- Blueprint terminals have been removed from take off docks.
- Veles’ armor plating improved and propellant tanks fixed.
- Beam structure near rear triangle thruster stack on Ithaca v4 reinforced.
- Ship LODs warping out of place when viewing client warps to a new cell fixed.
- Camera panning fixes made.
- Issues with missile thruster propellant consumption fixed and tested.
- Torque adjustments made and issue fixed with torpedo YOLOL.
- Rotation and translation by thrust adjusted.
- Effect-support added on torpedo maneuver thrusters.
- Ship prices can now be configured.
- Issue with bank’s inventory scrollable items not clipping correctly fixed.
- A bug where newly created characters were not able to equip weapons fixed.
- Ores bought to backpack from shop will now be stacked and merged with current ores in the inventory.
- Material amount bought is now in kilovoxels instead of voxels.
- Item on the backpack slot is now spawned / removed when the item on the large backpack slot changes.
- Swapping items via quickbar only unequipping current item on hand fixed.
- Backpack changes not reacting to swap (item on large slot wouldn’t change on player’s back) fixed.
- Item Shop code refactored.
- Message of the Day added to the main menu and infobox added to it.
- Common function for “Click to edit” input boxes added.
- Player context tracking improved.
- Context tracking added for projectile-environment collisions.
- First iteration of battle logic now works.
- Depth scaling added to particle emit rate.
- Hall LODs updated.
- VIS main hall exterior decoration: windows placed in loading docks and other floors.
- Proper textures and paintjobs added for the Sentinel rifle.
- Sentinel rifle now has a 3rd person reload animation.
- Torpedo trail effects updated and new explosion effect made for the hit.
- Snapping points and rotations of multiple models fixed.
- Slanted triangles fixed.
- Combat shield orientation and position fixed.
- New 3D stars single object has been made and skybox updated.
- Cargo crate updated: lid won’t clip with the crate itself anymore.
- Thruster nozzle textures fixed.
- Problems with voxel generation in the displays of the modular control asset set fixed.
- Preliminary HUD icons for transponder states have been made.
- Rank plates for the drones armor sets made.
- Asteroid base material adjustments.
- Sit animations when wielding a weapon/tool are being worked on.
- Landing animation for pickaxe.
- Crouched relax in/out animations for rifle and pickaxe polished.
- Distance scaling to existing weapon effects being implemented.
- Particle visibility on plasma turrets tests underway.
- Beam for weaker laser cutting tool updated.
Gallery of the week
Don’t forget to take part in the conversation on the official Starbase Forums and our Starbase Discord server.
See you next week! 🚀
Leave a Reply