Week 13 (March 23rd – 27th)
Hello everyone! It’s time for another week of Starbase progress notes!
- Assembly Job tested, Bolt Profile snapping feature made the bolting really easy.
- Assembly Job tested, item blocker entities added on each doorway so objects cannot be thrown through the doorways.
- Buzzsaw power usage configured to 10/sec, which equals to 100 seconds of continuous sawing with one power pack.
- Bolt Tool and the bolt profile override feature tested, works without issues.
- Chat features worked on, default settings adjusted.
- Insurance terminals’ location and parenting fixed in origin map.
- Mining Job tested in the new Work Hub, working without issues.
- Empire VIS HQ -grid slot has been updated: structures inside the slot. have been relocated and rotated to enable a better view of the Capital.
- Mining Job grid slot has been replaced with the Work Hub grid slot.
- Locales fixed and updated.
- Economy design worked on.
- Socket position changed in battery asset, cabling adjusted in ships with battery to fit this change.
- Locales added for objects and resources.
- New armor sets added to starting mega station economy.
- A moon rocket worked on, flights to the moon tested.
- Rental lot blueprint unloading has been improved.
- An issue where non-loaded rental lots crashed the editor on stopping the game has been fixed.
- Blueprints appearing inside already built objects has been fixed.
- When the client stops operating a ship in a despawn area, the ship now immediately despawns.
- Sitting issue with cradle mounted chairs has been fixed.
- SawTool sound effects have been implemented and bugs surrounding it have been fixed.
- Welding Tool beam effect has been refactored.
- Restriction added to detaching to station lots that the player has access to, so players can’t detach whatever parts they want.
- The detachment network synchronization has been finished, the Welding Tool is now ready for testing.
- An issue where ore processing made only one processed entry at a time has been fixed.
- Picking up magazines now moves ammo.
- An issue has been fixed where items disappeared from the sell list when the player sold 0 amount of the item.
- Position of the damaged item indicator has been fixed.
- Containers not filling up correctly when picking up ores fixed.
- Swapping and merging ores in the mining backpack works now as well as dragging between the bank tab and the mining slots.
- Snapping to closest possible bolt profile location, when within BoltToolComponent defined area has been implemented.
- Feedback Tool has been updated and the tool’s data management has been refactored.
- Missing sort button sounds have been added.
- Item shop transaction button sounds and item sell menu button sounds have been added.
- ‘Continuous placement’ option has been added for asset placement. Enabling this option allows the user to keep placing the asset until cancelled.
- A bug that allowed entering the test mode while undo actions were still being execute has been fixed.
- A Blueprint type metadata has been added to blueprints. This value can be used to filter blueprints, for example to display only ship or station blueprints.
- Some of Spaceship Designer’s network messages unintentionally leaking to peers not inside the Spaceship Designer session has been fixed.
- A basic paint tool with point and click colouring has been added. The tool supports undoing and redoing.
- A client timeout when attempting to join a hosted session with a large map has been fixed.
- Save selection as blueprint functionality has been fixed.
- Moon terrain rock collisions have been optimized.
- Planet hit detection for projectiles has been implemented.
- Skybox stretching during baking caused by direction blending has been fixed.
- New signs for the frame shop at back alley are underway.
- Frame shop ad adjustments are in the making.
- Job instance effects for station use: proper UV’s to the basic shapes so that UV scrolling can be used with them added as well as building blocks that can be used in the making of ads.
- Prospector shop module exterior decoration has been finalized.
- Station hall LODs have been updated.
- UV scroll support added to the flat font used in ads and signs.
- New windows added to station halls.
- Landing platform lighting in the making.
- LODs updated in ship repair maps.
- New animations and polishes to ads have been made.
- Pistol run animations have been polished.
- Sitting reload animation has been polished.
- An animation for the sell shop has been updated.
- New asteroid clusters have been made.
- Bulwark armoset’s textures and paintjobs have been polished.
- Modular Battery’s socket location has been fixed.
- More weapon flat logos have been added to the game.
- Effects and beam types have been added to Welding Tool’s attach/detach mode.
- New beam end models which could replace the particle effects have been tested.
- Dashed line effects have been made for ad use.
- Some armor set piece configs that did not allow the pieces to be dropped to the game world have been fixed.
Gallery of the week
See you next week!🪐