Week 12 (March 16th – 20th)
Hello everyone! It’s time for another week of Starbase progress notes!
- Instancing area configured and added to ship showroom.
- Mining Job instancing issues with parent hierarchy fixed.
- Buzzsaw damage configured and tested, tool is now more balanced.
- Pickaxe testing and adjusting, it’s no longer a good weapon against materials with high armor value.
- Mining Hall rotation fixed in Work Hub grid slot.
- Ore zone weight configurations that were producing unwanted outcomes in ore distribution were fixed.
- New items added to the economy, old economy configurations fixed and adjusted and locales worked on for economy.
- New updated design worked on for Universal tool: incorporating device network operator systems and evaluating potential commonalities with transponder visuals.
- Hinge bolt profiles updated.
- All Spaceship Design Workshops have been updated, Workspaces rotated, relocated and their amounts raised from 6 to 8, LOD update still pending.
- “Large Hall 6” added to Station Designer. Thumbnail, windows and exterior decoration still pending.
- The “destroyed” grid slots have been added to the Kingdom Outpost B -station.
- Gunship Lancer: older hinge replaced with newer model.
- Spaceship Kodiak: older hinge replaced with newer model.
- Asset names and locales updated.
- Massive lot blueprint memory usage has been fixed.
- Reloadable tools and ammo conversion have been tweaked.
- Beam effect support and network sync have been added for the Welding Tool.
- Welding Tool now highlights objects that can be welded and its timer visualizations are finished.
- A bug that caused dragged items to stretch has been fixed.
- Icons and ammunition amounts being in the wrong place for right hand and leg have been fixed.
- Slot rendering to handle special cases in backpack has been refactored.
- A bug that allowed modular limbs to overlap with other items in the backpack has been fixed.
- Material UI slot rendering code has been refactored.
- Mining backpack slots’ hovering problems have been fixed.
- Snapping to closest possible bolt profile location, when within BoltToolComponent defined area has been implemented.
- Bolt profile visualizations have been adjusted so that snapping target is visible.
- Feedback Tool’s sidebar menu has been finished and localizations are underway.
- Sound issues when releasing buttons inside inventory have been fixed.
- A damage audio event for ‘armor damage’ has been added.
- Audio support has been added to sorter buttons, 3D menu tabs and lists.
- The most of the list item interaction sounds have been finished.
- Insurance menu tab buttons for proper audio support refactoring underway.
- Saving a blueprint when editing custom ship no longer disables changes to the in-game ship.
- Selecting modules no longer selects components behind them in Spaceship Designer.
- Rotational stability of object chains in Spaceship Designer has been improved.
- Weapon down scoping heavily dropping FPS on planet surfaces has been fixed.
- Double buffering has been added for skyboxes.
- Applying environmental damage on the planet is in the making.
- Final fixes to VIS decal bleed have been made.
- VIS HQ empire grid slots’ additional art has been added.
- Assembly Hall LODs have been finished, some LOD updates made to modules.
- Asteroid Hall farLODs have been finished and tintmask coloured.
- New windows have been added to mega stations.
- FarLODs have been added for all shop modules.
- An UV mirroring issue with Market Station has been fixed.
- Commercial signs for Sunny Ship Center are underway: perspective fixes, final touches and optimizations made.
- More animations have been added to Market Station, an animation for sell shop is in the making.
- ‘Offers ad’ rotation direction has been fixed.
- Pickaxe relaxed run/walk animations have been polished.
- Pilot aim and pistol aim animations have been polished.
- Sit aim animation updates are in the making.
- Bastion armor set’s elbow position has been fixed.
- Bulwark armor set’s textures and paintjobs polished.
- Object (rock) placements for asteroids updated and new asteroid clusters have been finished.
- Modular battery redesign in the making that includes a status bar indicator.
- New job instance effects have been added.
- Weapon flat logos are in the making.
- New logos for laser and auto-cannon turrets have been made.
- Buzzsaw hit effect has been updated.
Gallery of the week
See you next week!🪐