Week 5 (January 27th – 31st)
Here are the progress notes of Week 5:
- Assembly Hall station modules updated with fixed level art.
- Cargo Crate configurations tested, after some code rework the Crates now work properly.
- New single entity object created from the new Cargo Crate components.
- Economy configurations: new items added to market, infantry weapon pricing adjusted and general economy rule adjustments were made.
- Insurance transfer terminals added to the new station.
- Autocannon electricity usage increased from 110 to 150 per bullet.
- Autocannon projectile velocity reduced from 900 to 800.
- Utility panels: Design for UI that players use to move resources (power, propellant, building materials) between station storage and lot/ship devices. Design for basic alternative, automatically providing devices with resources from storage.
- Station storage: Design for updated station item storage UI logic, targeting better filtering and sorting of item grid. Design for shop UI adjustments improving interaction with station storage.
- Skyscraper modules have been updated to minimize the needed module and instance amount.
- Station lot areas have been made compatible with the upcoming Utility panel.
- Capital Imperial A’s missing MapPartNames have been added.
- Landing platforms in Capital Imperial A have been relocated due to possible collisions with the public transport.
- Collisions caused by the “slanted triangle” asset update have been fixed.
- Twist handles for propellant containers added for Zilant.
- Cable added to Lancer, to fix an issue where lever was not connected to the data network.
- Mining laser and mining laser controls removed from Ithaca V2 and V4.
- An issue fixed, where camera panning to YOLOL chip resulted in an unplayable game state when the chip was destroyed.
- YOLOL chip is now locked when pressing escape while zoomed into it.
- Support added for safezones that are larger than a single universe cell.
- Chat notifications for leaving/approaching/entering safe zones have been added.
- Building tool now restores object armor/environment damage as well as voxel damage.
- Showroom ships loading into the main menu fixed.
- Support added for cargo crates having the latch on the crate rather than the lid.
- Sitting rotation restrictions updated, feature implemented for pilot chairs.
- Custom ships can now be created via SSC.
- Client showing incorrect prices for some items fixed.
- Economy now treats bolts, cables and pipes within ships correctly.
- An issue where materials dropped to the world spawned in wrong sized cubes has been fixed.
- Dragging not starting when pressing LMB and dragging item out of equipment slots has been fixed.
- Weapon with magazine not reloading on the first try after logging has been fixed.
- Opening animation has been added to the main menu’s message box.
- Damage signalling has been updated.
- Main menu state has been implemented.
- Background music in SSC has been fixed.
- Tracking of aggressive players added to detect end of battle better.
- VIS headquarters has been fully updated with level art.
- New logo sign pieces have been made.
- Texture stretching on device rack cores and the new socket to the socket core have been added.
- Thruster textures and tintmasks have been finished.
- UI inventory category icons have been updated.
- Resource Grid Utility Panel and Resource Grid Utility Box have been added (allow transfer of resources between station storage and devices).
- Alpha moons have been updated.
- Backpacks: Thruster pack textures updated and paintjobs added.
- Armor sets: All base armor pieces were fixed to have white base colour.
- New asteroids made and some distance/size tests made with them.
- Asteroid base material microdetail/color adjustments and testing has been made.
- The depth based emission of particles modified (reducing particles based on distance).
- Particles added to thrusters.
- Existing flamer effect reworked and new hit effect made for it.
- The laser turret hit effect updated with depth settings.
- Landing animations have been polished.
Gallery of the week
See you next week! 🚀