Week 7 (February 10th – 14th)
Here are the progress notes of Week 7:
- Shop search bars should be deactivated if the player looks outside of the screen.
- Small changes to tooltips, moving text and testing possible layout changes.
- Material armor value updates: Now medium-high caliber infantry weapons cause damage to objects faster.
- Shotgun projectile mass increased to make it little more effective against light armors.
- Economy configurations for the Empire Outpost station.
- General design worked on for significant updates to equipment and storage UIs.
- Small adjustments made to the Utility Panel technical design to simplify components required.
Starbase Spaceship Creator
- Issue where Autobolt “Apply to selection” mode leaves some plates unbolted fixed.
- Support added for showing locations in the universe in the main menu.
- Ship thruster exhausts damage and push components & players have been added.
- Bounds & selection related issues in autobolting have been fixed.
- Bolting of a moving target has been fixed.
- Support added for ammo stacking.
- New bolt indicators have been added to the Bolt Tool.
- Player invitations are now case sensitive.
- The maximum amount of Company ranks is now 50.
- A check added for player shooting inside a ship (to filter out incorrect battle detection).
- A bug where battle music was triggered inside safe zones has been fixed.
- Interactable buttons’ audio issues have been fixed.
Starbase Spaceship Creator
- Station tech refactoring changes have been merged into the main codebase. Most systems now support player stations.
- Multiplayer issues in mining job have been fixed.
- Custom ships now automatically spawn to the world after buying them instead of being put in the inventory.
- Holograms in multiple areas has been finished.
- Skyscraper walls have been finished.
- Decoration for skyscraper elevator chutes, pillars and floors have been finished.
- Assembly Job/Spaceship Factory/Spaceship Shop/Asteroid Collection ads have been created.
- Mining Job ad has been updated.
- Rotation support has been added to signs and signs no longer cast shadow.
- VIS office floor LOD updated.
Moons and Asteroids
- Moon rock material has been updated.
- Material for rough asteroid rocks made and tested on different sizes of rocks.
- Large and medium size rock topology fixes have been made.
- Texture scales for solid planet asteroids have been updated.
- The most of the asteroid surface object settings have been added and tweaked.
- Several transition animations have been made for entering/exiting “weapon lowered” and universal tool stances.
- New emotes have been added, animations’ hand lengths modified.
- Animations for landing during movement have been polished.
- The skybox has been updated and made slightly less brighter.
- Cargo crate textures and tintmasks have been updated.
- UI: Item storage filter icons: 6 categories with 4 states. Used to filter out and hide items when browsing item storages.
- UI: An additional icon to the category filter set to represent misc and semi-built asset combinations in inventory has been added.
- Resource Port asset: concept and preliminary model are done.
Gallery of the week
See you next week!🪐